We are ready. We are confident. We are still taking referrals. And we aren’t panicking.
The one truth amid this unsettling time – we are all in this together. As healthcare professionals, we are witnessing firsthand the pandemic starting to wreak havoc on how we do business from communicating to our clients, families, and employees about what we are doing to prepare for COVID-19 to educating our frontline teams on how to minimize the spread and maintain health and safety of our people.
We will keep this brief. We are in the business of caring for the senior population and right now, that has never been more important. We know you may be overwhelmed with where to send clients home or who is available quickly to help care for your clients safely at home. Our team continues to take referrals and are available 24/7 if you need our support in the coming weeks or filling in the gaps that undoubtedly are happening.
Additionally, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure our caregivers and professional staff maintain good health practices while visiting clients in their home or at your hospital, facility, or senior living campus.
What our team is doing to protect you and your clients:
- Following strict droplet and contact precautions and you may see our team utilizing masks when working with clients with cough or fever, eye shields to prevent potential fluids from getting in the eyes, and gowns.
- Wearing gloves for any type of care.
- Verifying with every client if they have family members who have been outside of Minnesota or are showing respiratory symptoms and a fever; this is no different than what we already do with the flu.
- Closely monitoring our nursing and caregiving teams regarding any contact they’ve had, symptoms they might be experiencing, and taking the necessary precautions.
- Verifying any/all contact our employees have had with clients and family members who may have been traveling or are experiencing any symptoms and then putting in place the appropriate steps to minimize spread.
- Setting up a self-screening station at our main office for temperature checks and sanitizing.
- Arming them with additional protective equipment.
Ensuring the safety and health of our people is our utmost. Our greatest message to all of you during these chaotic times is this: we are here for you and are grateful for what you are doing to go above and beyond your normal day-to-day activity to serve seniors and their families in this time of high need. This is no different than what we all do for our clients every day – educate, guide, care, protect, and spark lives.
For additional resources, check out our COVID-19 resource page and feel free to share with your clients and families.
Health and Safety On!